Miley Cyrus Confirms She Smoked a Joint at EMAs: 'I Knew the Fans Would Love It' (Video)


Miley Cyrus EMAs 2 - H - 2013

Yes, it was a joint.

Miley Cyrus confirmed that the cigarette she smoked onstage at Sunday's MTV Europe Music Awards did contain marijuana, and said she just thought it would be something funny for her fans.

PHOTOS: MTV EMAs: Miley Cyrus Lights Up, Redfoo Shows Some Crack and Other Highlights

Appearing on the UK's Capital FM radio station and carrying the bag she pulled the joint out of onstage, Cyrus explained how she came up with the idea for her stunt.

"It's not something that I think about," she said when asked whether she considered the headlines her behavior would generate. "I was just walking out of my room and then I was like, 'Oh, I have this in my bag. That will be really funny.' And I didn't say anything to anybody. It's not that I think about that ... and I don't tell anyone I'm gonna do it."

She added, "Some people I think overthink so much ... That's not why I do it. I just did it mostly because I knew the fans in Amsterdam would love it, and they started going crazy when I did it … But I don't really care what the media says because I don't Google myself, so I don't know what they say. And I don't care."

And what became of the infamous joint?

"You know, afterwards we had the joint and we're all, 'Should we keep this as, like, the joint?' And then we're like, 'No, it's fine, just smoke it, just finish it off,' " she explained.

Despite the stunt, Cyrus thinks people in Europe still paid attention to her EMAs performance -- as opposed to her scandalous VMAs performance, when the focus was on her twerking, the teddy bears and her barely-there outfit.

PHOTOS: Miley Cyrus' Most Controversial Moments

"It's just funny because after you do something like that, everyone doesn't want to talk as much about your performance, but this is one of my favorite things about coming to Europe ... Even though that happened, it's not like the main focus of the night," she said. "Everyone was hitting me up about my performance and how I sounded and things like that, which is so different than the states. Because even when I did the VMAs, everything just became about the teddy bears or what I was wearing … People over here kind of like to listen, and they take in all of it."

Yes, they inhaled the whole experience.


View the original article here

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário